4.11.2009

words just words

I was driving south of Melrose; I happened upon my old lover's old house
I found myself staring at the closed up door like the day she threw me out
"Dianna, Dianna, Dianna I would die for you.
I'm in love with you completely, I'm afraid that's all I can do."
She said "You can sleep upon my doorstep, you can promise me indifference, Jim.
But my mind is made up, and I'll never let you in again."

For the slow fade of love
It might hit you from below
It's your gradual descent
Into a life you never meant
It's the slow fade of love.

--- rilo kiley, a man/me/then jim

where does your loyalty lie?
to the human race or the land where you reside?
and there's a time when silence is the same as to hide
and there's a time when a traitor's way is not taking a side

what am I afraid you will see? who am I afraid to be?

cause I'd be lost forever if you slipped away
blue eyes you're the reason for my change

No comments:

Post a Comment