4.15.2009

11.11

classes are over! I didn't even realize it was the last day of class until I got home. probably because I still have a lot to do. well, really only one paper, but there's so many other things on my list that it feels a lot worse than it really is. I have two finals to study for, plus my french theatre final performance of my scene from la cantatrice chauve (the bald soprano, my non-frenchie friends). I'm not too worried about physical science. 25 pts of the test go to the questions "what is truth?" mathematically, scientifically, and religiously/philosophically. that should be kind of fun to prepare for and answer.

here's something I thought of today during my physical science test review:
"since the anthropic principle states that the universe only exists because we are here to observe it, then if there was only one human being alive, the entire universe and everything in it would exist because that person could observe it, but the person would not exist because there would be no one to observe them. (assuming existence is necessarily verified by an outside observer. just like the universe cannot verify itself, the person cannot verify them self.)"

I just wished on 11.11

today it is raining. I like the rain but the disgusting labyrinth of bloated and dying worms all over the sidewalk is kind of ruining it. I would like to smell the beautiful rain freshness, not the nastiness of worms. umbrellas are a ridiculous hassle, so I am wearing my bolivian alpaca hat, which equals awesomeness.

I am ready for the perpetual stress of school to be done. but I am not quite ready to leave, even though I am leaving to paris, which is incredible (and just a little bit scary). I wish I had a week just to relax with my friends and have some fun without the constant worry about what it is I haven't yet done weighing on my mind.

abraham gets back from paris tonight. I have no idea what this is going to be like. I just want the drama to go away. far away.

I can't wait to sit and read a book of my own choosing without guilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment