4.02.2009

say hello

utah, sometimes you surprise me:

with fresh and happy rain showers that leave nothing but mist and rebirth
with snow-covered Timpanogos that dazzles, sometimes burns, my eyes
with orion always constant for me every night I remember to look
with duck buddies that sometimes stroll with me on my way to school
with the cloudless sky arching over me, a pure almost-cornflower blue
with budding trees and singing birds (some too fat for branches)
and gusting winds on hilltops and peach pits on the ground
and the richest, sweetest grass my toes have ever tasted

I think my favorite is when mist seeps into the valley, lower than the peaks
and when the moon is caught rising with its light just behind the ridge of the mountain

why do you hide yourself behind such dismal grey skies for so many months at a time?
see how easy I give my love when you come out to say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment