2.02.2009

vintage

celebrated my birthday with the girls on saturday. we went to guru's for a late lunch. oh so delicious. that place has never disappointed me. in fact, it has always exceeded my expectations. then we walked just a couple blocks in downtown provo to the coal umbrella, a vintage clothing store that I have heard much about but had yet to visit. bad idea. very bad idea. it is absolutely incredibly awesome in every way. I spent fifty bucks on these most decadent items.






blegh. I have a most awful headache. anise tea didn't help. nor did keira knightley in pride and prejudice. gah I can't stand her.

8 comments:

  1. Sometimes I wish I could wear yellow, I look awful in it. You got some great stuff. I love the bird dish and the yellow shoes. I've never been a big jewelry person(mostly because it costs money) but if I were, I'd totally buy vintage.

    I'm not a big Keira Knightley fan either. She bugs me a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my only complaint about what you bought is that the purple heels aren't high enough. you need at least three inches for it to be worth it. well i do, anyway. i don't think i own heels that have less than a three inch heel and i'm like five inches taller than you.

    anyway, the bird dish is very dooce, and i love that you wear rings. i always lose them.

    keira knightley reminds me of an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the purple shoes! Tres chic! I wish I could wear heels, but I know I'd be crippled forever if I did. Love the rings, too. It's fun to change it up wearing different rings from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should be a shoe model. Your feet look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can model closed toe shoes, christina - i love you!

    and sis. hilton, heels are rarely comfortable, but they are so worth it.

    as a result i have calluses where i used to get blisters, i don't know which is grosser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bird dish is very me. it's actually not vintage, it's anthropologie, but i had to show the rings as prettily as possible.

    i actually think the heel height is perfect for the silhouette of these shoes. the up-tapered heel elongates the foot and a higher platform would just ruin that effect.

    maybe keira knightley IS an alien. i wouldn't put it past her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think they could probably be a tad higher. and i think you need seamed stockings. HOT!

    ReplyDelete