2.10.2009

skipping

it's snowing again. I'm skipping class again. oh it's not really that bad, it's only the second time for this class, but I swear, once you get this uber-student gene or complex or whatever it is started, there's just no shutting it off. and I think I got started in kindergarten. I feel incredibly guilty right now. probably cause I really want to be in class, and I imagine the professor hates me now, even though I'm sure he doesn't, and I think we're choosing monologues today, or at least saying which one we want, and I want to get the one I want to do. so why am I not in class? because I am incapable of organizing my life so that I can accomplish what I need to as a student and actually sleep ever. I just couldn't wake up this morning. I could have run to class, but my mom who's in town :) is picking me up to do some stuff after school, one of which is getting my passport photos, which means I can't just run to class looking like this ...

it's stupid when you don't have your life in control because you're trying to do lots of good things but can't manage to fit them in with all of the must-do things. last night I gifted, sang, read, discussed brain capacity, neural networks and REM sleep with a friend, played babyfoot (only 1 game! admire the self-control), read scriptures, meditated, sang mantras and stretched, drank tea and did some emailing. tell me that is not a good, productive list! I just didn't happen to read diderot's paradoxe sur le comedien, or catch up on all the other reading I've been slacking off on, or go to bed before 2.30 am. I think an intervention is in order. I don't know what to do with myself.

on a happier note, my mom is here! I haven't been able to spend too much time with her, she is watching my niece and nephew (who are sick) after all, but we spent saturday afternoon together and we're going to go do some stuff at 1 today, including getting my passport (!) adjusting my new glasses and doing some really critical shopping. claire and jesse should be coming up from vegas for valentine's day weekend, so I'll be spending most of the weekend with family. hooray! I love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment