2.16.2009

how to?

how to be a good friend?
I am always asking myself this question because I am constantly failing at it.

friends buy other friends a flower for no reason in particular. friends leave a note with cadbury eggs, a pineapple and a bridal magazine on your bed, just cause you were feeling down. friends don't let you be too hard on yourself. they tell you when you're being stupid, even if they know you won't listen. they do more than just love you, they show and tell it.

that's where I come short. I think of my friends all the time, but since I hate the phone, I don't call them. since I'm lazy, I don't write them. and though I try to be sweet by doing nice things, they usually beat me to it. I know they know I love them, there's no doubt about that, but I wish I could show them more often. I wish it wasn't so hard. sometimes I feel very selfish.

6 comments:

  1. tina, don't be so hard on yourself. friends get sketching pads for their friends and they teach them meditation techniques even when they suck at it. friends listen to friends go off about hard times, hurt feelings, and love. friends also stick up for others when people are jerks. friends love you for who you are and feel comfortable sitting and talking to share opinions and ideas. great friends are a lot like christina hilton! je t'aime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever heard of the five love languages?
    It is a theory which states that we all express affection in different ways. The five languages are: Words of affirmation, Quality time, Receiving gifts, Acts of service, and Physical touch.
    It's not wrong, it's just different.
    You are a good friend, and others can perceive that; you may express your love for others differently but it is there and it is evident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey crapfriend. i just thought i'd let you know how much you suck...

    ...no, i love you. and i feel kind of bad about taking so long to get you your birthday stuff. i finally got a box today. so, hopefully i'll mail it this week.

    and i don't know who left a wedding magazine on your bed, but i promise to never EVER do that.

    love,
    jerkface

    ReplyDelete
  4. lame.
    wedding magazines are so fun.
    no i am not getting married.
    they're mostly fun just cause most of it so ridiculous. i just laugh at everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, no. i agree. i love wedding magazines, but it's a secret. shhh...

    i felt so bad for marco because we were dating when april was planning the wedding, so he would hear about what i wanted for my wedding ALL THE TIME. i think i'm just going to elope and then have a party.

    and yes, i am so allowed to do that.

    i just think it's weird that someone gave you a bridal mag. i mean, only at byu ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. psshht
    who's the crapfriend now?

    jk :)

    ReplyDelete