2.24.2009

d&c blog # what are we on now?

sometimes I get discouraged, just like everyone else. I'm not sure why I'm feeling it more than usual right now, but when others tell me to snap out of it, I can't help but say ... well, no. there must be a reason I feel this way and I intend to find out. how else am I supposed to learn about myself and the world and grow for the future? sometimes it's okay to acknowledge that you really are doing things wrong. self-improvement doesn't come by turning a blind eye.

I don't have much else to say about it right now, other than to share these thoughts given to Joseph Smith when he had much more to be discouraged about than I do. reading these words gives me some peace.

My (daughter), peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands. The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he? Therefore, hold on thy way ... fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever. Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

(d&c 121:7-9, 122:8-9, 123:17 emphases obvious)

I learn and feel and become through music, so:

step one--be still, drink in the peace that God speaks to your soul

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake
To guide the future as he has the past.
Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;
All now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know
His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

step two--go and do without fear

Va, ne crains pas: Le Seigneur te protège.
Qu'il soit toujours un guide pour tes pas
Tous tes fardeaux patiemment il allège.
Passent les ans, le même il restera.
Va, ne crains pas car, divin privilège,
Un ami sûr toujours te conduira.

step three--keep singing

1 comment: