2.28.2009

new project

have you ever imagined something or someone that just suddenly became? out of nowhere. just a blank page and then, before your eyes, a person grew up out of the emptiness in front of you.

yesterday, I spent 4 hours at the inquiry conference. president eyring spoke and I really enjoyed it. that was for extra credit. then I spent 5 hours at the church history symposium. that was required for a class. I was looking forward to it, but it turned out to be quite dull. I got all brain dead and fidgety where you feel like your muscles are going to start twitching involuntarily if you don't get up and do something now. the topics were interesting, but treated so dryly. I continue to be appalled at the world's apparent complete lack of presentation skills. you can't just stand up and read a paper. a speech or lecture is entirely different than the written word. or should be.

so while I was sitting in the 3rd hour of this symposium deal, I took out my new sketchbook and decided I would try a face, since carolyn gave me some basic composition tips over the break. so I drew a face and added hair and added shoulders and suddenly, I had this incredibly awesome girl that has a name and friends and a place she belongs and a passion for things and a book that's being written about her:

so, me and oceane spent about 3 hours last night developing characters and determining plot and motives et tout ca. I am so excited about it. you may get a few scenes and conversations on here in the near future. I hope you like it as much as we do!!

and now, meet wren:


yeah yeah I know it's not that great, but I'm freaking excited, okay?

3 comments:

  1. that shirt is a bit immodest, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't give a damn. since when do i write stories about mormon culture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am impressed woman. hey-o artist.

    ReplyDelete