2.05.2009

sparrows

you bring me to tears
just barely
but it panics me in my chest
just here
can you see it rising in me?
what shall we call it?

I can still hold them back
if I do not sing
but how long?
how long til you render me
flooded?

I have never been fragile
but now, blown glass
I'm not complaining
don't tiptoe in circles please
walk straight
just so.
I need to see you, clear
as you recede
or reappear.

I am awash
with introspect and doubts
that were always self-inflicted
before this moment.

I reach
but am met with lilting shadows
that drop behind words
when my hand gets too close,
like skittish sparrows.

I don't know how you did this.
I wonder, do you?
and I sing outside and in
their musing words that
turn barely into truly
for one solid minute
just one

darling, you bring me to tears

No comments:

Post a Comment