2.03.2009

d&c blog numero deux

no coherent narratives today, just a bunch of thoughts I've had this past week:

- we believe that the New Jerusalem is where Christ will reign on the earth during the millennium and preside in all righteousness. we also believe that this city will be built in Independence, Missouri. sometimes I think, how random, what a ridiculously random place for Zion to be. but if you think about it, any place that it would be is just a regular someplace for somebody. not everything always have to be fantastic. in fact, the more I learn about my religion, the more I am struck by how clear-cut, how simple, how understandable it is. that's how truth usually feels, it just kind of sits in your chest and infiltrates your being.

- brigham young said, "To live with saints in heaven is bliss and glory, to live with saints on earth is another story." this class is clarifying a lot of things for me and I'm seeing more and more how so many people within the church just aren't all there. myself absolutely included. I had a really amazing conversation with oceane the other day about this among other things and I decided I'd never realized before how much members themselves struggle with things that have always seemed basic to me. and this is because my parents were such good examples to me. they weren't perfect for sure, I think they misunderstood the crucial need to address issues by specifics, but I'm beginning to truly value what they showed me through a genuine way of being. President Hinckley said, "It is not enough to simply be known as a member of this Church." more is required. as we increase in knowledge, so God expects more of us.

- sufferings will be made up in the atonement. it will be made right. with agency & the atonement, nothing will be taken from us. the greek word for perfect really means whole or complete. we live in the dispensation of the fulness of times. the revealed ordinances of the temple make it possible to obtain the fulness of the priesthood. God does not leave this or any work undone and we, as his grief and his glory, He will not leave us undone either.


cherubim and a flaming sword
(j. kirk richards)

No comments:

Post a Comment