1.08.2009

l'eau fraiche

I had a dream last night that one of my best friends was almost raped. it was scary. and vivid. and horrible.

I missed my work meeting last night because I was upset. there's a girl in my home ward who got in a really serious car accident yesterday. I've grown up with her and her older sister, her dad and brother have been our home teachers for years and her mom was my piano teacher for 8 years or something. we've known each other since I was five. and now she's in a coma with a broken pelvis, a punctured kidney, severe head trauma and a dead friend. it's crazy how these things can happen to anyone. to her. to me. to you.

it makes me wonder why everything awful comes at once. and why it hasn't to me really. yet. which is what worries me. but ... "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." it's true. there's enough evil in today without worrying about tomorrow.

l'amour et l'eau fraiche

1 comment:

  1. I was wondering why you weren't there at the meeting, I'm so sorry :(

    ReplyDelete