1.22.2009

just don't breathe

I'm allergic to air. it is ridiculous. actually, utah valley is ridiculous. the air quality level is so horrendous here that I'm having an allergic reaction. and it's really not very fun, especially since I've never had allergies before. I'm just going to state here for the record that when I have finished at university, I am never going to live in utah again. I don't care about my husband's job. I will not be marrying someone who has to work in utah. or wants to live there. or can in any way tolerate the thought of living there. the end.

I'm being called into the work office during my shift tomorrow and I don't know why. I'm really kind of scared about it. work situations stress me out so bad. I don't know why they didn't just call me in when they want to see me tomorrow, instead of making me freak out all night and all day tomorrow. I have no idea what this is about. wish me luck.

today I bought benadryl, emergence-cs, strawberry chapstick, smartwater and a bagel. then not a half hour later I bought the economist, time and newsweek. I was just going to get the economist, but the special commemoration edition of newsweek for obama was out and that's kind of a must, and time was people of the year with obama as person of the year, so I kind of had to get that one too. so I spent a lot of money today, but I still feel happy about it.

my french choir class frustrates me. the teacher's cool, but he's new and too nice; people talk too much all the time and we never get anything done. it's going to take forever for people to learn the music, let alone the pronunciation because he's not concerned about that even though it's kind of critical. our pianist is just some girl who volunteered in the class so the piano situation is mostly a failure. I sing tenor cause the boys are outnumbered about 6 or 7 to 1. the class is too large. it's just ... lame. I hope it gets some better. I was hoping that this would be my first official choir experience, but it's turning out to be just as informal and unhelpful as any other I've ever participated in. sad day.

I'm going to take some more benadryl, take a nap and maybe possibly think about doing my homework ... maybe.

2 comments:

  1. oh man! I hope the work thing turned out okay!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks kayla! it did work out fine. lisa just wanted to talk about last semester with me and why I didn't get a raise :( and I was glad we talked about it cause almost every reason I didn't get a raise was a mistake on their part. it still sucks, but at least it's cleared up. I am a good employee, I promise!

    ReplyDelete