9.23.2008

vraiment beau

friendships are already starting to happen and it makes me happy.

I'm still dropping the ball in regards to school. maybe if I used my planner I wouldn't keep forgetting things. how's that for a novel idea?

I went star-gazing with oceane, david, stephanie, annie, and carlos last night, and again tonight but minus stephanie. I still didn't see a shooting star, but it was wonderful anyway. we lay down on the top of this amazing hill and the wind is fantastic. cold but fantastic. we came back and drank martinelli's and played uno, only two games, and the second lasted for seriously an hour. I'm not sure why we kept playing a single game for that long. I guess it's just fun being with each other. 

gab is my home teacher. he is beautiful. really. he's the rf for one of the boy's dorms and hails from geneva. I don't have any hopes, I just like to look at him, and listen, cause he tells good stories. kryn is also quite good-looking  and interesting to talk to, but he doesn't really seem interested. that's cool, but he doesn't seem interested in pursuing any friendships either. he's just not around often enough to try to get to know him better.

life is mostly picking up. I really like my roommates. I really like our ward and the french house. but there are people around me, friends, whose lives are just abysmal right now. they're going through a lot, but I don't know how else I can be there for them other than try to spend my time with them when I can and empathize as best I can. I guess I'll just keep on trying.

3 comments:

  1. i believe it's "gabe" as in the shortened name for gabriel? i have never seen it spelled gab, but maybe they do in sweden. who knows.

    anyway, sounds like you're doing alright.

    now if only you could stop having fun for a moment and write about it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's french. it's gab because in french you pronounce gabriel gab not gabe. geneva is in switzerland, hon, not sweden.

    i write when i have things to say. even if i'm having fun and have time to write that doesn't mean that i should necessarily write about it. it just depends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever. i never claimed to know my geography. i had to take the states quiz about ten times in sixth grade before i got them all right. and afterwards i forgot. to this day i could not point to an unmarked map and point out illinois, or indiana, or ohio...

    ReplyDelete