9.29.2008

journée chargée

today was so busy. it was not much like any normal relaxing sunday. 

I accompanied margaret on the piano in church today, so I was way nervous. I don't know what's up with me this past year, I've never had such bad nerves in my life. my foot was shaking uncontrollably, my hands were numb, I almost couldn't breathe. I've got to find a way to get this under control. it still sounded pretty good though, I only really messed up one part.

I was the chef today. we made sweet and sour chicken, green beans, and gingerbread cake. there wasn't enough time to make 4 packages of chicken before 3pm so I was super stressed out to get it done on time. but it turned out excellent, though a little late. everyone loved it and it tasted so good. that meal always reminds me of home.

then my home teachers came - gab le beau and jean le bizarre. turns out gab's not from geneva, just close to geneva, so he's really french, not swiss. he asked me where I learned french and was very surprised when I told him just high school. he told me I speak very well. hooray! that's the second extremely authentic french person (1 was mme thompson frenchness to the max) who's told me that. mme thompson thought I had lived in france. I wish.

then I went visiting teaching. pretty uneventful. my girls are in the german and japanese houses. then I went to a stake leadership meeting for my calling, ward music chair, with allison, who drove. the stake center is pretty far.

I came home and played the piano for probably 2 hours. oh how I love the piano. greg came into the common room while I was playing just to listen while he was reading. that was cool. after that we talked for quite awhile. he asked me for my number. first time that's ever happened to me. is that sad? we have a lot in common - I hope we get to know each other better.

then when I came in my door to go to bed (5.30 comes SO early) oceane and stephanie and annie and carlos were watching little miss sunshine and I can't NOT watch little miss sunshine. it was already mostly done though. my favorite part of that movie is when dwayne finds out that he's colorblind and can't fly planes, his life dream. it is so sad and paul dano acts so well, it's just absolutely heartbreaking. I really like his character. here's a quote of his from the movie that I love. *** foul language. don't read if you are easily offended or intend to subsequently question me about what I put on this blog. that's a general rule.***

"You know what?  Fuck beauty contests.  Life is one fucking beauty contest after another.  School, then college, then work ... Fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy.  If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly.  You do what you love, and fuck the rest."

3 comments:

  1. I loved little miss sunshine. awesome movie. Ben and I finally watched Darjeeling Limited. I have to say I was a little disappointed. I did not like it nearly as mush as Royal Tenenbaums or Rushmore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sad. I'm sure I only loved it so much because I hadn't seen the others first, and probably where I'm at in my life. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! a boy! aboyaboyaboy!

    i love that movie too. that part always makes me cry.

    ReplyDelete