3.11.2009

d&c blog seven

today in doctrine and covenants, we talked a lot about symbolism. it was pretty cool to see a lot of religious symbols that come from a common source of religious tradition. like dr. holzapfel said, anyone coming from a religious background sitting through the temple ceremony would see similarities in their own worship ceremonies and traditions. but of course, the main derivation of the temple ceremony is from old testament temple worship.

I feel like this class is going to be the best class I take in all my four years at university. there's so much energy in class because we're getting so much knowledge and my brain is just yelling at me "epiphany! epiphany!" about every ten minutes. and every time I walk out the door and shake dr. holzapfel's hand I try to put as much emphatic 'thank you' as I can into that handshake. after our discussion about polygamy last week, I was just completely blown away by the power and truth of the doctrine he was teaching us. I felt about a billion times better about life. I called my mom and told her about everything I learned and I just felt so incredibly blessed to 1) live in a country with religious freedom 2) be born into a family where I was taught religious truth all my life 3) have the opportunity to go to this university 4) have the incredible opportunity to take this class from this professor and learn these incredible things. do you realize how many derivatives we've got going on here? as my dad would say, I am at the pinnacle of blessings in this world, and this class has really opened my eyes to that. I am so grateful for the truth that I have. so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment