8.30.2008

already devoured a whole box of pims

I'm all settled in to my new dorm. I still think we should switch the furniture around, but we haven't got around to it yet. or maybe we just haven't got around to talking to each other yet, cause french is just a little bit scary. well, we're a little bit scary. I'm supposed to be hanging out with michelle tonight, going over to her dorm and helping her unpack. haha that could take all night. I'm just excited to be able to talk to her again. you know I hate talking on the phone. it's just not the same thing. 

I'm doomed to always fail when it comes to work. I didn't get my I-9 form in on time, I was 30 minutes late to job training. I really need to get it together. I randomly saw stephan in the wilk while I was trying to find where I was supposed to be for job training. it was kind of surreal. he was just sitting in the advisement center lobby and I was passing in the hall. but I stopped and looked at him through the glass and he looked up at me. it was weird. like we were looking at each other from across some time divide. maybe it's just cause I'm not used to seeing him here.

it's nice to know that I have people I can do stuff with here, now. not like the beginning of last year when we all stayed in our dorms and browsed facebook for hours because we didn't know anybody. I'm chilling with michelle tonight, I need to get together with david, and I promised tavis I'd call, and stephan. and I talked to this guy nick last night. it was pretty random, but I was very proud of my ease and conversation. he's cool. I met a couple other guys who passed through the common room while I was playing the piano. then they heard me play some pretty sweet runs in the nocturne and came back to see what I was playing and who I was. that song is just so amazingly beautiful. it creates emotions where there aren't any. it makes air tangible. sometimes I think music is like tai chi. it channels the surrounding energy of matter.

my roommate's name is stephanie. she is very tall. she forgot my name, which was hilarious! I'm sure if I'd been the one forgetting, it would have been very embarrassing, but it was just really funny. I think we're going to turn out to be a good pair. we aren't talking much right now, but I think we share a lot of interests and she's not annoying at all and I'm not pms-ing, so there's no barrier like me and meesh had last year. we'll see.

the walk from campus to my dorm is horrendous. I really need to get the bus thing figured out. but bus passes cost more than a hundred bucks. that bites. I bought my books, school supplies, lunch, and groceries today, and I did not use a single plastic bag. hooray for ikea bags. they kill your shoulders, though.

I miss erik. byu is not byu without him.

1 comment:

  1. ikea bags, are plastic, they're just reusable.

    i bought a really cute shopping bag the other day, it's light pink. witha bicycle on it.

    ReplyDelete