8.15.2008

and if I feel tomorrow like I feel today

can we just stop thinking for a moment and be spontaneous? 
can I pack a bag and get on a plane, 
walk down the terminal and walk away? 
away to whatever I've dreamt the future will be, 
to people and places that were meant for me. 
can I make my life and take what's mine? 
it isn't much, but I'll claim my rights where I can. 
and right now, this day, I just want to go away. 
grab some extra socks and all of my cash 
and taste the dust of somewhere other than here. 
and if I don't talk to you for a year 
don't worry, I'm fine. 
you're not listening in the right places, 
looking behind the right faces.
they haven't sent my ashes back to you yet, 
I don't think there's much for you to concern yourself with. 
cause if I stay here any longer, you could still talk to me, 
but there's no guarantee
that I'll answer you.
(me)

so you've been where I've just come
from the land that brings losers on
so we will share this road we walk
and mind our mouths and beware our talk
til peace we find tell you what I'll do
all the things I own I will share with you
and if I feel tomorrow like I feel today
we'll take what we want and give the rest away
strangers on this road we are on
we are not two we are one
so where are you going to I don't mind
if I live too long I'm afraid I'll die
so I will follow you wherever you go
if your offered hand is still open to me
strangers on this road we are on
we are not two we are one
strangers on this road we are on
we are not two we are one.
(the kinks)

2 comments:

  1. "if your offered hand is still open to me"

    i think you should change that "me" to "mine."

    other than that, i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha the second half is song lyrics from strangers by the kinks. i am flattered that you thought they were mine. but the first half really is mine.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete