8.06.2008

darjeeling

last night, I hung out with carolyn and slept over at her apartment. we went to whole foods and got dinner (sushi for c and sandwich for me + orangina. I live for orangina.) then we watched the darjeeling limited on pay-per-view. 

it was fantastic and wonderful! I cannot love it enough. sue's been telling me I need to see it for forever, but I never got around to it until now. it's been quite a long while since I've seen a real film. I've let myself waste my time on movies for too long and forgotten to indulge in a real film. you know the difference. one that doesn't fit in a horror, comedy, romance, or action genre. one that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, cause you know what? life doesn't make a whole lot of sense. one whose plot doesn't feel like plot, it feels like the unfolding of reality. I've missed that. 

I've also discovered that adrien brody is the embodiment of my idea of physical attractiveness. odd, isn't it? but there it is. you can have your hunky abercrombie models and prettyboys, I'll take a dark, skinny one with a nose any day. pictures don't even do justice. he moves with an 
unplaceable grace and assurance and there's something in his facial expressions and movements when you watch him that animate most attractively. he has highly expressive eyebrows. 
for your (my) viewing pleasure:


2 comments:

  1. I should be writing a paper, but decided it was high time I get caught up on your postings. Thanks for the pictures of the boys' cakes--you did a great job! Love reading your stream-of-consciousness style writing. Probably no better way for a mom to really get to know her daughter than by reading her blog! Well, that's not really true. Better to spend time together, which I am really looking forward to doing in about 9 days!

    Hey, aren't you proud of me doing the Google/Blog thing? I guess now that I'm registered, maybe I should start a blog--we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! I'm glad you did. I can only tell you to so many times before it gets discouraging ... kind of like dad.

    yeah, this is a pretty good snapshot of me -- opinions, interests, actions, thoughts. it's me. most kids don't tell their parents about their blog. be glad I have nothing to hide.

    I can't wait for you to get home. 19 1/2 or not, I still need a mom.

    I am VERY proud of you. mom trumps technology!! woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete