8.10.2008

it's got to be real

Me:  Yeah, I don't need chocolate or teddy bears. Teddy bears are laaame. But my husband had best give me lots of beautiful flowers.

Mom: Your dad never gave me teddy bears.

Me: It must be a teenager thing, you know, boyfriends who don't know what to get their girlfriends, so they give them stupid teddy bears and cheap jewelry.

Mom: Yeah, it's got to be real.

Me: Whoever I marry is going to be a mature, capable man who can buy jewelry without mortgaging anything and will have the taste to pick something simple and beautiful.

Mom: Sounds like a continental man.

Me: What's continental?

Mom: European.

Me: Well YEAH. I'm gonna be really mad if I marry someone from Utah.

1 comment:

  1. Ahahahahahaha...

    chris-tin-ah, you will not, cannot, marry someone from utah. that'd be a sign of the apocalypse if i ever saw one.

    ReplyDelete