6.30.2009

cry wolf

I think fire alarms have issues with me. I have had nothing but trouble with them.

on our trip down south, the first hotel we were in, (in vienne, with the awesome british guy patron and the most excellent breakfast and the room where I sat on the window ledge with my feet on the roof and listened to my ipod), the fire alarm went off around midnight. it was weird, I almost didn't even recognize it as a fire alarm. it was ... not a fire.

then, the last hotel we were in, (in sarlat, the penthouse room with the painful carpet but the most wonderful ambiance and the old-fashioned key), it went off again. we were on the top floor and there are only two rooms up there and it was so sweltering hot that we (me allison and amy) were just chilling with our door open and some guy comes up the stairs and apparently he accidentally hit the fire alarm while looking for the light switch.

then, in my, I don't know what to call it ... house? apartment? room? well, residence jolimont, there was a fire in the trashcans and then a couple more times the fire alarm went off, I think it's hyper-sensitive now or something, or maybe people just need to stop smoking inside. then the other day, the alarm went off 3 or 4 times at night, around midnight, and went off 6 times throughout the night and early morning. all false alarms. I stopped getting up. they'd better fix it.

I don't know if I will ever take a fire alarm seriously again. this is worse than school fire drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment