6.22.2009

and france part 2 begins

well, study abroad is over and I'm in toulouse for my service internship.

I've just realized that I've never really been alone before.
which is weird, cause I've always sought alone time.
but with family, then roommates, then flsr, then study abroad ...
I've never been alone.

I'm really lonely.
lonely and a little bit heart-broken.

the people with the internship are all very kind and welcoming
but I'm the only intern so far and I live in a single private room, no apartment.
I start to visit people for the first time today
and maybe I won't be the only one being helped by conversation.
it's so stressful, though.
I speak french very well, but I still miss things left and right.
and when I stop understanding, I go into freeze mode and don't know what to do.

I don't understand how I can be so brave sometimes
and others, so scared.

I still don't have my power cord, but that should be taken care of soon
at which point I will have access to pictures.
strange how a machine can become an extension of yourself that you miss
because so much of your things are inside of it.

I called my dad for father's day
but my phone card was almost gone
so I only got to talk for a little bit.
I love him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment