6.02.2009

(17/5/09)

I fell for you so fast
but I think you're going to need time
if only because you're not one to
spill yourself everywhere
like I do
a stream of articulation
a compulsion to be understood
or go insane
which is maybe only one level off
from the amount of passion I exude
for everything.
that's me -- your roman candle spider in the sky.
I always thought I wanted one, too
but it turns out
I'd much rather have you
to watch the explosion and
gather my sparks up with your eyes
and turn me back into a warmish glow
that escapes
from between the cracks in your fingers
to light the sky
when you try to take a peek.
does that make me the moth or the flame?
can't we both be moths?
and dance in the moonlight sifting down
and tap our wings on each others' windows
in a code of secrets and
soft-whisper truths
through moonbeam motes
that drift into your dreams
and settle
like pixie dust
into the corners of your eyes
and next thing you know --
we can fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment