6.02.2009

normandy reworded

maybe if I open my eyes wider
I can absorb enough for me to keep and you to share.
I melt into the rhythm of the road,
enough kilometers ahead
for me to take off my shoes & curl up in the seat.
I regret the photographs zipping by,
the frames caught in my mind,
but lost to the film.
I'm storing them up for you.

at the top of the rise, I am met with seawinds
and daisy-dusted craters,
lasting imprints of an already
half-forgotten hell.
I try to picture you in a helmet but
I can hardly see your face.
the thought is still heart-wrenching.

the gentle caress of shadowplay on the sand
beckons me down from the wall
and I come, running,
with shoes in hand and pants rolled past my knees.
the wind snatches at my hair
and the tide catches my ankles and
the only thing missing is you.

the memory, the moment,
they become for me a time-warped future
taking place half then and half now
I embrace it all, palms open,
in case of half never.
I rely on a curious mixture of high hopes
and stark realities,
but I make no distinctions.
I don't presume to discern time or truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment