6.30.2009

jots

I find myself jotting down random things,
a running conversation with myself, if you will.
it makes me feel a little less silly if I share it with you,
so here is last sunday (the 21st)

it's kind of cold.
storm coming?

I can't understand the bus driver.
he speaks quickly & with a strange accent,
even though he's white & regular looking
... I don't know what he's saying.

I am a half hour early for church.
Note to Self: it does not take an hour to get here.
more like ten minutes, depending on when the bus leaves.
if I weren't wearing heels, I'd just walk it,
it's not that far from my house ...
it's a really nice church building -- I'm impressed.

I don't know why I'm suddenly afraid to speak French ...
now would be a good time to pray not to be shy & awkward
& not to be afraid. it's so much easier in a group.

sometimes I wonder how in the world
I'd ever be brave enough to be a missionary.
but sometimes I can be so brave. I don't get it.

It's about 20 til. I'm going to go in now.

gone are the days when I could count
the number of times I'd done the bise.
that's all we do at church is give the bise.
I like how natural it looks when it's done right.

I'm starving.

I think pretty much every woman in this ward has served a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment