11.16.2008

a tisket a tasket

hmmm it's been quite awhile.

dream from my sunday afternoon nap:
me and carlos were video game characters. or maybe we were creatures from some anime tv show. I don't know. I kept on trying to sing pocahontas songs and he knew them better than I did. I also carried around a gallon of spoiled milk. blegh.

last sunday I spoke in sacrament meeting and it turned out to be really amazing. the spirit was really there, and that's the only thing I wanted. I was the first speaker and it set a good tone for an incredible sunday. they didn't ask me to speak until tuesday night, so I was worried I wouldn't have enough time to ponder things during the week, but it turned out alright in the end.

I spent friday and saturday at celesta's. I stayed up friday night looking at old photo albums with celesta and finishing my woodcut put-together owl (aside: I bought it at the creamery thursday night and sangria too of course walking home from orchestra/stats homework cram late at night, thoroughly angry that no one could come pick me up because I never ask for help and the one time I need help NO-one answers their phone. anyway, I bought it to make me feel better and it totally worked). then saturday we went to see savior of the world at the conference center -- I was thoroughly impressed. it was very spiritual and beautiful. just wonderful. I'm so glad celesta got my ticket for me, cause if I'd had to pay for it myself I wouldn't have gone. 

we got back late so I had to dash to david's to panda express where we were supposed to eat cheap but we must have been confused about something because we definitely paid full price. sad. I totally scarfed my food and then we ran RAN to the hfac to get to the play on time. it was actually a crazy fun adventure running through the tanner building. the play was dancing at lughnasa and it was amazing. very sad and very beautiful. well done. it was in a tiny little theater with 3-sided seating and the actors moved about a lot. the set was awesome.

I am getting fatter and it is very upsetting. I need to exercise more and ... stop eating frosting. etc. 

last night was so so fun. we (oceane, david, stephanie, me, abe, gina and carlos) all crammed in the elevator and chilled there for like an hour eating a whole chocolate frosting container, taking the color code quiz, and just being incredibly ridiculous and having the funnest time ever. then we went deer chasing in abe's car, but we didn't find any to chase. sad. he did try to drive through a field and over this crazy dirt hill. it was ridiculous. I didn't go to bed til 3 am so I needed a long nap this afternoon. 

I should be at an honors fireside tonight for extra credit, but I just couldn't get myself to get dressed and walk to campus. I am going to bed early tonight. that is a solemn promise.

all of my jeans are getting holes in them. but they don't fit me too well anyway anymore. no more frosting.

3 comments:

  1. dancing at lughnasa is also an excellent movie.

    and if you're so worried about your weight, i would recommend getting a bike. seriously. there's also a sense of greater appreciation for your body when you're the one operating a machine that is completely reliant on you.

    anyway, how do you eat so much? i thought you cooked all your food yourself? if i had to do that i'm pretty sure i would starve, and i'm close to starving now because it's such an inconvenience to eat because the dining hall is on the other campus. i eat a lot of crackers to hold me over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've lost my hunger/fullness mechanism, i eat because it's good, not cause i'm hungry. and that's not good. it's not so much that i eat a lot, just that i eat junk. we eat dinners together so i only have to worry about breakfast and lunch. but i have to work so early that i never have time to pack lunch or eat brekfirst at home.

    and i would love to get a bike but the snow starts right about now and i won't be able to ride it again ... ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. plenty of people ride bikes in the snow.

    and are you making fun of me? it's brekfrist not brekfirst. duh.

    i am fortunate enough to have brekfrist served in my building, it's always cranberry juice and either waffles (two of the small frozen kind) or oatmeal, and maybe a pastry. i usually have two meals a day. i eat a lot of veggie burgers. that is about the only edible thing at the dining hall. and crab legs. which is two extra swipes, but i have a ton of meals left, so whenever they have crablegs i eat them. of course they never fill me up, and are really more work than they're worth, but so delicious.

    ReplyDelete