11.22.2008

time

I spend so much of my life looking at a clock. so much control over me (us) by a complete fabrication. I mean, the concept of time exists, but we've quantified it to ridiculous degrees. I live every day rushing to catch a bus, to make it to class, to work, to turn in homework, to take a test, to eat, to call, to sleep ... how incredible would it be to have a printed ticket that says please be in your seats when the moon is parallel with the tops of the buildings. the bus comes every once in awhile and class starts when most people get there. turn in your homework before sunset. sleep when you're tired. eat when you're hungry. go out and lose yourself in the world. I'd rather have church bells or symphonies loudspeakered or pocket watches if absolutely necessary. let's just all go live in the forest and become one with the earth. it's how I imagine eternity is -- time exists, it just has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment