11.27.2008

dream blog numero 3

trains. 

there is me and adrien brody(ish) and another man and we're close and ridiculous. we have tickets, but they're already in our train compartments. we're just re-catching this train. we know it's coming but we're criss-crossing this maze of rooms and halls in the train station trying to find the platform before the train comes and goes. we're racing each other and each taking a different path to get there. down crazy wood-slat steps, through tiny rooms with rust-colored walls and tiny windows. the first time, I have to search and backtrack to find the right way. the second and third times I have the dream, I know my way better each time. other things happen on the train that I can't remember. and never once do I remember actually getting on the train. just hearing it, searching for it, then suddenly on it, in my compartment, in my bed. or exploring the train. this happens a couple times. the last time, the way through the station gets slightly off, I don't know exactly how to find it anymore. I find the small square window I need to climb through, but there's a big lock on it from the outside. I find a couple of asian guys and ask for help, that I really need to catch this train, but they take their sweet time and make me tell my whole story and I miss the train. so have the others.

half the time this was real and the other half of the time some part of me knew, looking at a magazine, at pictures of natalie portman and my guys, that it was part of a movie. half the time I kind of forgot if I was a man or a woman and the other half of the time, I was definitely a woman, fully aware of the power I had over my 2 friends and the expectations they had of me.

interspersed between all the train-ness was a load of randomness; cocktail parties and sonograms, and uproarious laughter with my friends, and person after person after person in the station demanding our tickets, reminding us we need our tickets, to not forget our tickets. and again and again we replied, they're already on the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment