11.29.2008

tears tonight

I don't know what to do with myself tonight. the font is changing sizes in front of my eyes from word to word and line to line. one minute I'm on the edge of tears for no reason at all, the next minute I know exactly why, and the next it's lost to me again. 

"A moment was not a single moment at all, but rather an infinite number of different moments, depending on who was seeing things and how. A moment might be a thousand different things."

"He imagined the notes falling into the air like stones into water, rippling the invisible surface of the world.  Waves of sound, waves of light: his father had tried to pin everything down, but the world was fluid and could not be contained."

did it all get real, I guess it's real enough
they got refrigerators full of blood
another century spent pointing guns
at anything that moves
sometimes I worry that I've lost the plot
my twitching muscles tease my flippant thoughts
I never really dreamed of heaven much
until we put him in the ground
but it's all I'm doing now
listening for patterns in the sound of an endless static sea
but once the satellite's deceased
it blows like garbage through the streets
of the night sky to infinity
but don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
don't you weep (don't you weep)
there is nothing as lucky
honey, don't you weep (don't you weep for them)
don't you weep (don't you weep)
there is nothing
as lucky
as easy
or free

(bright eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment