6.08.2008

sorry non-french speakers


I was writing in my journal, something I've been neglecting since I started this blog thing, in french, which I love to do. the best is to go back and read french entries and see all the random english words I didn't feel like looking up as I was writing, like facebook sitcom, snowflakes, viewing, towed, upset, and over-whelmed. anyway, today I wrote something kind of profound about myself, but I hate translating from french to english, it's never quite the same thing I meant to say. so, sorry non-french readers, this one's just for me.

Je voudrais "m'évader vers de nouvelles contrées", en Europe ou en Afrique ou n'importe où dehors de ces épouvantables Etats-Unis et cette culture écrasante qui m'enlève la patience, l'essence de l'esprit. C'est presque impossible à imaginer passer tout l'été coincée ici et puis d'être emprisonner à BYU, piégée entre le ciel ardoisé et mon propre cynisme. Je ne peux guère respirer et je ne sais pas pour combien de temps je pourrai le supporter.

(hopefully I didn't do anything illegal posting this picture. thanks to jon armstrong, co-conspirator of the blurbodoocery.)

No comments:

Post a Comment