6.04.2008

shoes = ocd

today was my fourth day of work at my new/only/first job at skechers. I'm a really hard worker and I find things to do and fix and work on without having to be asked. but I'm not officially trained on register yet so I can't be as completely helpful and competent as I'd like to be. oh well. there's only one problem with this job. if there's nothing to do, there's always something to do like bump boxes up or down, straighten displays, etc. in other words, make sure everything is absolutely perfect. well, we get a lot of down time during the week, so I find myself going completely insane at the end of a five hour shift. chasing down every tiny bit of trash with a push broom that's too small for the aisles and automatically correcting shoe displays without thinking. I'm going to have to pay attention to my brain and make sure I'm not letting my ocd-ness get out of control. my coworkers probably think I'm insane. plus, when I'm working on something I get totally absorbed in what I'm doing and don't pay attention to their conversation, so when they ask me something I sound crazy cause I don't know what they're talking about. or I don't hear them when they talk to me and they think I'm rude. which is never good. rapport with the coworkers is crucial. so I guess I'll have to work on that. I just wish dan wasn't out of town so I could get trained on register and so he could see what a good worker I am. I guess I have all summer though. this job will feel a whole lot more worth it once I get a paycheck.

No comments:

Post a Comment