6.03.2008

people are just people

I went to see Regina Spektor yesterday -- she was giving a short free concert on the mall for the Israel @ 60 celebration. she was so ... I've used up all appropriate adjectives in describing it to all my friends. it was transcendent. I really need to get the rest of her albums. it's incredible that I haven't considering how much I love her music. if I were ever to become a singer/songwriter, I would be her. but I've decided that I'm not going to because 1 I have a good voice but it is still not comparable to hers and 2 I have a passion for music, but not one that compels me to write and create, just one that makes me want to sing all the time and play the piano. it may not make sense, but singing other people's songs is enough for me, but you can't be discovered by making other artists' music. I'm in a weird gap of music stagnation. so many of my favorite artists aren't creating anymore or they're making crap and changing their sound in a way I don't like. and I've forgotten how to discover new music. I don't remember how I did it before. I dislike the whole process because I'm so particular about my music taste that it's very tiresome to sift through all the not-quite-good-enough and the tolerable to find something I'd really care to listen to. but here is my newest discovery:

No comments:

Post a Comment