6.13.2008

back to school

today was the last day of school for everywhere here in p.w. and I stopped by gar-field to say hello to all my old teachers. the new principal has shaken up all the old rules and I was thoroughly annoyed. I had to leave my i.d. at the desk, go through the farther away entrance, wear a stupid visitor tag, etc. incredibly lame. but whatever, at least I got to see my teachers. first person I saw was mr. bassett, of course. he's boisterous and free like always, hair not as awful as I remember. it was great to see him; I used to live in his office. it felt good to hear him say how terrible this year was and how much he missed us. the teachers keep saying that, which surprises me, cause it always seemed like the years behind us were getting progressively better and better. maybe in school itself, but they just can't ever be as awesome as we are. so mr. bassett brought me over and said, prefacing his statement with a disclaimer, that I look good, healthy, that last year I was "just too damn skinny". it was hilarious and very bassett and made me feel good. 

then I went to see chenevert, a conversation that was just slightly awkward like always, and mrs. mays, whose hair looks good!!! most tremendous contradiction of my life. then the english teachers who didn't really know me. then the history teachers who pretty much worship me (it's okay, I worship them too). I got to see mr. pell before he heads out never to return. I talked to all-time favorite mr. parada for almost two hours, about so many things, including immigration, presidential elections, humanitarian aid, the purpose of life, and other profound things that we could never fully approach during 20 minute lunches in high school. then, incredulous at how long I'd spent at a school I didn't go to anymore, I ran to nolen's room, gave him a hug, promised to return his birds movie, learn how to rock-climb, and hang out with him next week, and ran out the door cause I was late. 

for filming. which was mostly a failure anyway, except for the che hat I bought at the thrift store. then I went to work. then I bought mcdonalds and ate it. I feel like I should throw up every time I think about it. for the first time in a long time, nobody's at home, I have a car at my disposal, and I don't want to go anywhere. actually, I'd like to, but I feel really gross and it's hard to have fun when you're gross (aka ate 4 honey buns and mcdonalds in one day and need to take a shower). there's a ripe pineapple in my fridge and I want to eat it SO bad! but I don't know how to cut it and it's torturing me. I just teared up thinking about how much I want to eat the whole thing right now. man, I'm weirding myself out.

4 comments:

  1. I'll be honest--I didn't read this whole post (big blocks of text make my eyes cross--paragraphs are your friend, well mine at least :) ). But, I did read the pineapple bit. Google knows, and shares, all:

    http://www.google.com/search?q=how%20to%20cut%20a%20pineapple

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh! stupid blogger comments cutting off my url! here's a shorter one:

    http://tinyurl.com/4nz5t5

    ReplyDelete
  3. just for you ben :)

    actually, i usually try to break it up, it seems to flow better, even though it should instinctively feel the opposite.

    ReplyDelete