6.22.2008

dream blog premier

I think dreams are fascinating and always have. I've been writing them down, when I remember them, for a long time now. I read once or heard someone say that people who tell other people about their dreams are _____. I can't recall, but it was something negative. which surprised me. at the risk of the negative opinions of all you who can fill in that blank, I've decided to post my dreams every now and then. if that's not your thing, feel free to skip those posts. I try to include as many details as possible to reform the sensation of setting, so you might find it tedious. and if that is your thing, feel free to comment and let me know your interpretation, even though my interpretation might make more sense, considering I know myself better than anyone else does. the subconscious is so mysterious and fascinating. "we are not only less reasonable and less decent in our dreams, we are also more intelligent, wiser, and capable of better judgment when we are asleep." the awake self might not acknowledge the truth of that, but the sleep self knows better.

huge, awesome castle -- there's a big ceremonial thing going on in this hall, and I'm royalty or something, or at least someone with authority. it's like narnia, with aslan maybe? and I'm wearing a medievally dress. there are 2 guys standing next to me, giving reports I think. one is very tall and thin, but not too skinny, dark hair and olive skin, not too young looking. he is eyeing me.

a battle, castle under attack, aslan missing. people are running around and there's no order. sometimes I am directing many people and being helpful, other times rushing to other places to accomplish tasks that only I can do, very separate from everyone. I and someone else push these stone walls around, like plates, with a mural or carving of a lion on it, trying to get his help and instigate the assembly in the large hall below to action -- it doesn't work.

I was at the top of this tower and the tall guy wants to kiss me, but we were both eating peanuts and I still have peanuts in my mouth, so I say I taste like peanuts and we don't kiss. he pulls me back into the tower from outside the window, he is strong and secure. we really want to kiss, but we don't. we run off to try and organize.

under serious attack. I convince a little girl to let go of her cat and promise her that if she has faith, she will find it at the end of the battle. we head outside to fight. it's sandy, but not dunes. everyone's out there in a caravan. we start being bombed. the two guys are beside me on the left and others are on my right. the guys start flinging themselves onto the ground with the momentum of the shock waves from the blasts, to absorb the shock safely. (I have no idea if this makes any sense for real, but it worked) 

we all start doing it. me and the guy grip each other's hand in the sand. people are dying and now we're all retreating back to the castle. even though it's sand, it doesn't feel like running in sand. I get separated from everyone and I'm just trying to avoid explosions and help as many people as I can get back unharmed.

we finally get back safe, some of the very last to get in and he's waiting for me, worried. I run to him and kiss him fiercely and we make out for a bit cause we could be dead soon and cause I'm really scared, even though I act with precision and seem like I'm in control of the situation. (the make out was good but sloppy cause your brain can only work with what it already has)

then there's a day of non-war, of recuperation. there's maybe a half-dozen couples who get married because it's now or never. me and dallin watch them, but there aren't any feelings towards each other. roy and mindy get married.

I'm wandering through the castle, which is gorgeous. there are tons of people from college. for some reason, I'm looking for eric hansen who has my frying pan, so I'm wandering around the boys' living quarters. I talk to hestin. random. 

I'm not looking for tall love interest boy because I know he's out fighting. I go to the command headquarters -- it's all dark and there are these kiosk/command stations where you could see on a screen the battle details of outside. I'm worried about him.

I was out fighting and got a sword wound in the side and an arrow in my shoulder. it's the dead calm, literally, after the battle and I'm lying among the corpses. make-out man is out trying to find me. he kisses me when he finds me. he warns me that he's going to take out the arrow and I agree, pale and scared, but still brave. my lips are cracked and dry. I hold his arm and bite my fist and he takes it out. he lifts me and carries me with my legs around his waist and leaning front-ways on his shoulder.

the end.

it was a really fun dream! my mom says I'm a freudian gold mine. 
things I noticed:
-- we didn't kiss because of food (like a previous dream where me and roy didn't kiss because I was eating peas)
-- I am strong and scared at the same time
-- aslan (god) never shows up

4 comments:

  1. That's funny that you posted about your dreams. Yesterday,Ben,kids,and I were talking about animal instinct, and what is the difference between instinct and involuntary movements/body functions. Dreams came up, and Ben mentioned that we don't know why we dream, if there is some unknown physical reason we do it. I told him we dream so heavenly father can talk to us. It's like a telephone line, it's not always being used, but it's open for communication. I had several dreams as a teenager that I felt were a kind of spiritual revelation. Now a days I'm usually too tired to remember any of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I had a revelation dream once, too. and I've had a couple of recurring bad dreams, but these days they're just awesome. I wish I would have a flying dream -- I never have but I want to so bad.

    I think dreams are also a necessary part of the interaction between the conscious and the subconscious of the brain. I think the brain needs time to do its thing without all our arrogant deliberate thinking getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you would say "i taste like peanuts" - goodness, girlie. i swear that's just foreshadowing your reality. let me know when this really happens. i believe it will be much funnier in i reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know! that's why it scares me. seriously, whoever ends up loving me, we're going to have a lot of good laughs.

    ReplyDelete