6.20.2008

I climbed a mountain

yesterday was an awesome and ridiculous adventure. david, his little brother matthew, and I hiked old rag to do some filming (of course). first, we left at 6am to get there in good time and hike early before it got too hot, but we didn't get there until 11.30, having gotten very lost and ended up somewhere near the maryland border before figuring out where we were. there we sat in a parking lot in purcellville laughing outrageously when we figured out we had just driven almost four and half hours to the wrong place, and I'll admit, my crying was not just cause I was laughing so hard. 

but we finally got there and the hike was hard but amazing. the view was breath-taking and liberating, the weather was mild. virginia is indescribably beautiful. and it was fun! we did the necessary filming, including two costume changes on my part. I seriously don't know why I do this. it's such a joke. this "movie" is ridiculous and I am ridiculously bad at acting. I really don't know. but it's a good thing I love hiking or I wouldn't have done this just for the movie. so we left the summit at 5.30 and headed down the fire trail without getting stormed on, lucky considering the brewing storm clouds and rowdy wind. then we saw a black bear in the parking lot. then we drove home. 

and called our parents as soon as we got signals back on our phone. and were immediately chewed out and informed that they had called park authority and highway patrol cause they thought we had died. well, david's parents did. my parents were just starting to wonder when would be the rational time to call when david's parents had already reached the conclusion that we had all fallen off a cliff and died. or that matthew had fallen off a cliff and we, responsible 19 year olds, left him there. we got lost again on the way home. of course. seriously not my fault. and when I finally got home, I took a shower, observed my various scrapes and bruises, drank a ton of water, and went to sleep. and this morning, my butt hurts. not my legs, just my butt. ???

like I said, an adventure.

pictures forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment