10.04.2008

whew

I babysat my niece and nephew tonight and it was so fun! I've had some mediocre and unpleasant experiences before, but I think we've reached good ages for this. we played hide and go seek and tag, sang songs, read books, made (heated) pizza, watched Cinderella (oh my goodness it's been so long, but I liked it). good times. I was singing a regina spektor song and victoria asked me if that's really how it goes, cause it's pretty funny, so I got my iPod to play it for her and she pretty much refused to put the headphone in her ear and listen. like she was refusing to watch a pg-13 movie or something. I insisted a couple times and finally she listened and got a kick out of it. but I really don't get that resistance.

whew. the week is finally over. it was like a prelude to a future hell week, cause you know there's always a couple of those in a semester. papers, presentations, tests, homework. work. I'm having a hard time with work. I like it, but I have a lot of trouble not picking up as many hours as I can, more than I should with my schedule. it's just so hard not to when you could be making money you desperately need. I am acutely missing the hours that are now taken up by work. it seems like I never have the time to get done what needs to be done and have a relative social life.

I detest sarah palin. she is willingly and intentionally making herself a target for the derision of the world and that derision is unavoidably projected on perpetuating the age-old stereotypes against women. don't stand there with your head down choking back tears. get into it. don't simper and smile. it's not cute. it's embarrassing. if you want to convince me that you're capable of any aspect of the role you're presuming to step into, then open your mouth and say something that's worth listening to. but that's not what you're trying to do, sarah. you've embraced the pathetic expectations, playing the role of sweet, innocent, and weak. that is not what my country needs. it needs passion and power. if you're not even going to try and step up to the plate, do us and yourself a favor and go home.

I'm feeling a little hopeless. helpless and hopeless are not the same thing. not even remotely.

a boy would be nice to have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment