10.06.2008

mi chiamo

it's so bizarre how much I love mondays. even though I have to get up at 5.30, I'm always pretty rested from a weekend of sleep and I like where I work and who I work with on monday mornings. I only have two classes, and since I switched to wednesday stats lab and consequently rid myself of one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met in my life (my lab TA), mondays are pretty wonderful. I exercise after my 1 o'clock class, take a shower, and snag the bus home by 4. there's time for naps, time for lunch, time for reading, time to exercise -- since my life is so robbed of free hours because of work, exercise is luxury time. it feels so good. 

now I am home, full of jamba, sitting in someone's circle chair (it appeared in my kitchen, I don't know how it got there. it must be carlos's or david's) by the window and reading omnivore's dilemma and enjoying the ambient color play of dying sunlight and flower shadows. I saw the most brilliant blue bird fly by. it got cold-ish this weekend, I'm wearing a sweater now, but I'm sure I'll be accustomed to and loving it by the end of the week. once it's cold enough to merit a scarf but not a coat, I will be happy.

last night was so fun -- david is so hilarious. he's in italian 101 and he was helping me with pronunciation while I flipped through his book. now I want to learn italian. it would probably be easier than german for me, and certainly easier than welsh or swedish, but I think german may be more useful, because more places speak it and I could probably learn other romance languages later on my own, but I may need more help with german. I don't know. it's all so awesome. also, if I'm going to take another language, I have to decide if I'm graduating in 3 years or 4, cause if I start taking things I don't need, it's going to be 4. this is hard.

Mi chiamo Christina Hilton. Ho diciannove anni. Mi piaccio mangiare. 
(My name is Christina Hilton. I am nineteen years old. I like to eat.)

9 comments:

  1. why would you learn welsh? i'm not one to talk, i would love to be able to speak any other language and i think gaelic sounds really cool it's no more useful than welsh.

    you could graduate in three years, and in the summer you could take a language class at nova, or audit one.

    if you want we could both take german this summer. and we would be equally horrible at it. and if we needed help i have a friend who is almost fluent, actually a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hon, I'm living in Europe this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn! i keep forgetting.

    what am i going to do without you?

    also i need your mailing address.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Mondays. Mine left a lot to be desired. Check my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i may have to do that. i need to get to europe.

    i also need to get a passport.

    i might take summer courses. but during the time between spring and summer semesters you'll already be over there. so i could definitely make an attempt. i need to start saving now. that plane ticket will cost as much as a semester at vcu, or at lest byu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a flight to paris is betwen 800 and 1000 dollars. that's less than a semester by a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. prices went up since I last looked, but round-trip is running about 1000

    ReplyDelete