10.29.2008

cake!

I am having telephone difficulties with my mother. usually I call her when I'm feeling not too good, but invariably, those are the times when she can never hear or understand anything I say and I have to repeat myself 20 billion times and she doesn't get how I'm feeling. but lately, this has even been happening when I'm not upset. I've just given up and now I'm waiting for her to get here tomorrow night!! I can't wait.

on the other hand, me and claire always get each other on the phone. I called her last night while I was walking home from the library very late at night (after reading ... ahem researching... for 2 straight hours) and it was so good to talk to her. every time we talk we just laugh and laugh. I remember not that many years ago it was never like that. I'm just really glad we get along so well now. hooray for not giving up on each other!

tonight I am going to bake a cake. it will be delicious. oceane's getting the strawberries. I'm going to make a second attempt at seven-minute frosting. we'll see how that goes. david's back in our apartment. there was some momentary drama and he wasn't around for a few days and we all really missed him.

now going to stats class.

I really want to steal this jacket from the swkt lab. kim says if it's still here in a week, I can take it. yessss.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. How did the 7-minute frosting turn out? Celesta says the dryer air in Utah makes it turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I left a comment before the P.S. comment, but I must have done something wrong because it didn't post. Anyway, sorry about the hearing problem. Maybe I should get it checked. I just seem to have a hard time understanding on the phone, and I think all your siblings will agree that they have experienced the same frustration. But it's frustrating for me, too. Well, I'm just looking forward to talking to you in person TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cake hardly rose at all, but it was still really good. and the icing was SUCCESS!! didn't form peaks like yours, but still. I am thoroughly fulfilled. and would be even more if I actually went to sleep for once in my life.

    ReplyDelete