10.06.2009

conference summary - day 2

I stayed up so late cleaning the whole apartment the night before, so I guess I was more tired than I realized. my alarm went off at 8.45, plenty of time to shower and be prepared to listen to conference, but I fell back asleep. when I woke up again, I figured it'd been a half-hour maybe, but it was 11 o'clock!! whimper whimper. sad day. so I rolled out of bed and caught the second half of the morning session. I'll have to watch the first half soon.

morning session:
- to receive revelation - know & obey relevant truths, heed prophetic council, employ virtues
- I am immersed in the thick of thin things
- reminder to accomplish my mission of serving others

(elder nelson wears french cuffs)

afternoon session:
- peace comes from a deep testimony & love of the Book of Mormon
- I am accountable for my time & talents
- don't run faster than you have strength, but we should be diligent
- we lose our zeal/conversion/dedication when casual with prayer & scriptures
- I have the right to make choices, but an obligation to account for them
- mere wanting is hardly a proper guide for conduct

(and elder renlund had a nice purple pocket square)
(and elder sitati is from kenya)

specific goal: read scriptures and pray at least once a day. pray more often, before starting random things, like studying or writing a paper, writing fellows conferences, workshops and training, etc.

my swahili teacher is in the tabernacle choir and it was really cool to see him and be able to point him out to my family and friends. he is just such an awesome guy. he's known elder sitati since he joined the church as a young man.

as predicted, the only things I accomplished from my list were to watch conference and go to celesta's house. both very good things, but not even half the list. I love to make lists, but for some reason, I don't feel the need to cross things off my list. so I have no OCD motivation to accomplish things - darn it. I was banking on that to make up for my lack of self-discipline ...

No comments:

Post a Comment