3.02.2010

gentle vandals of the night

I had all of these grandiose plans to submit a bunch of my poems and maybe even my morocco short story for some writing contests put on by the university. I keep running into the sign for it in the lobby of the JFSB on my way to french class and I keep meaning to look up the submission deadlines. and I didn't until tonight. and everything was due on february 15th, darn it. now I have to find other things to submit to that don't cost me money to participate, because I am hesitant to believe that I could actually win and get some returns on that risk payment. but I did find 3 or 4 university magazines looking for submissions still that I will send some poem-trees off to.

while we're talking about poetry, I was reading through some old blog posts and came across this little phrase that I did not intend to be poetry, but IS.

"there are fat moths dancing spirals around the room, like gentle vandals of the night, like windswept lovers weaving patterns in the chi."

I think I will take it and elaborate. it makes me sad that people think moths are creepy. I think they are quite wonderful.


No comments:

Post a Comment