3.28.2010

all of a sunday afternoon

a couple of sundays ago:

the work of midnight to 4am

after church while I was baking

tada!

cheesecake with strawberries

so I bought my own fluted angel food pan and tried it out
and it totally failed
sad day
the bottom burned, the top wouldn't crack right, the whole outer layer was tough
it still tasted yummy
but I couldn't stand how it looked.
so I shaved it.

yum cake guts

shaved

story about the 7 minute frosting:
I made it using a make-shift double boiler
just from 2 pots that fit just right so that the water wouldn't touch the pot
but apparently something with the 2 types of metal made the top pot expand
so essentially I had a pressure cooker going with no outlet
I was so freaked out it was going to explode and burn my face off or something
but I kept the heat on just long enough to cook it
then shut it off and kept beating it
the peaks could have been a little stiffer, but it worked

successful 7 minute frosting! huzzah!

beautiful.
but most importantly- delicious.

1 comment:

  1. about time I looked at your blog. Considering all the problems you had with the cake and the frosting, it turned out picture perfect! I don't think my 7 minute frosting has ever looked that good!

    ReplyDelete