11.17.2009

utah gratitude

today's gratitude post is all about utah, because I don't appreciate it enough. though it's a lot easier to appreciate when I know I won't be here anymore pretty soon.

+ utah sky blue. it is incredible. and I've never seen such a vivid blue anywhere else.
+ spoon me frozen yogurt deliciousness
+ proximity to great hiking
+ proximity to the church's center - it really is awesome to be at conference in person etc.
+ proximity to grandpa and celesta & co.
+ being where my dad grew up and where he loves
+ the full moon that comes up over the edge of the mountain and makes everything glow
+ being so close to the temple
+ meeting the friends I live(d) with and love
+ driving in the canyon
+ walking to school in the morning (when it's not too cold)
+ my favorite bus driver
+ being close to claire when she lived in salt lake
+ sangria senorial
+ becoming even more of myself (not that I credit utah with that, but it has hosted many a transformation and for that I must be grateful)

it's a great place. I will be happy and sad to leave. bittersweet is always the order of the day. I am a master of such emotions. anyway, today's utah gratefulness has drawn to a close.

4 comments:

  1. you are making me homesick! things I might add to the list:

    -salt lake is awesome
    -sugarhouse 4th of july fireworks
    -taking trax
    -the downtown library
    -the gazillions of amazing restaurants of which i will name a few. red iguana, betos, any japanese restaurant b/c they are all good, wingers, carls cafe, etc
    -drive in movie theater
    -yummy water
    -beautiful seasons
    -orange bang

    need i say more? well, i could continue the utah gratitude list but i won't make this post too long. i am so extremely sad that you are planning on leaving just when i am coming back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is orange bang?

    also - I will be here til august when I graduate. when are you coming back? I don't think I'm taking classes summer term either, just working, so more time to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If we move back to utah (i suppose technically it is still up in the air) then we will most likely not get there until august. who can say for sure though.

    and Orange Bang is a delicious drink. you can find it at 711 in various locals. try it. and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can hardly wait to get there and enjoy some of those wonderful Utah things, particularly:

    Christina
    Celesta and Paul
    Victoria and Maxwell
    Grandpa
    mountains and snow
    checking out Deseret Book, Distribution Center, and BYU Bookstore
    Celesta and Victoria at the Scera


    Can't wait to see you, honey!

    ReplyDelete