11.13.2009

cahier de reconnaissance

the first of a few gratitude posts leading up to thanksgiving because 1) I love thanksgiving and 2) I write these down anyway and it's a good thing to share. I started keeping track of gratitudes last winter semester when the going got tough and the only way to put a positive spin on it was to make myself think of 10 good things at the end of the day. then I was in paris and didn't need a pick me up. then I was in toulouse and I did - and since there was no oceane to report to there, I took to writing it down. back in america, I let things slide again until now, when the going's tougher than ever and something needed to be done.

they're not always just straight up blessings, they're just things that make me happy and therefore grateful.

so here are some excerpts from my gratitude notebook

things from toulouse:
- the bishop remembered my name
- I ate taboule with figs in it and it was delicious
- Jacqueline and I do the bise x4 instead of x2
- I wore my bohemian tunic and the old ladies like it
- I ate a banana
- wander-walked
- the mission president's son looks like michael douglas
- lady at the internet cafe didn't make me pay
- cantaloupe
- playing the ukelele
- singing at church
- coldplay - we never change - "I want to live in a wooden house"
- long talks with benjamin and how he's taught me things about myself after a week that I'd not realized my whole life
- saxaphone jazz on the garonne
- goodbye bise from florence

things from this week:
- stephan says I have french hippie style
- still no snowfall in the valley
- where the wild things are
- yoga with the enrichment group
- I ate breakfast
- cassi thought my outfit was really cute today
- got a care package from charlie
- I made the guys at work laugh
- lots of comments on my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment