11.11.2009

sir reginald

the writing fellows have a discussion board on blackboard in which there are some useful forums as well as a miscellaneous posting spot that changes every now and then. things such as - cheese, what to do in the event of a raptor attack on campus, what to name the dinosaur in the writing fellows office - are featured. well, I decided to get my hands dirty and let the wit and humor flow, and here's what I say in regards to naming the dinosaur. this post won me the writing fellows weekly email blackboard shout-out, of which I claim eternal fame and glory.

ahem.

sir reginald

I'm all for naming pets very dignified, incongruent names.
and since our dinosaur is most definitely a friendly dinosaur, I think we should go for a dignified pet name.
in the style of oscar wilde.
for example:
arnold
arthur
oliver
vincent
sebastian
linus
jasper
basil
george
walter
lawrence

... and the like.
the dignity of these names is debatable.
I think I'll put in a personal vote for jasper.

katy (she who holds much writing fellows weekly email power) has dubbed the dinosaur - sir reginald.

1 comment:

  1. I named my first car Jasper! It was a blue Astro van. You do the math.

    ReplyDelete