9.02.2009

back in p-town

goodness it's been a long time. I don't know what happened other than being at home with my family, which generally means I spend a lot of time doing mundane things that are actually quite fun by virtue of being done in the company of my mother. I hung out with amanda one night and carolyn one day, which was so fun. had to unpack and repack. got to drive!! it was wonderful. and then I was flying to utah and being at celesta's new house and moving in and being back at celesta's for maxwell's birthday and party. and then school happened.

school.
- really really wanted to take creative writing but also really really wanted to take swahili. so ... I dropped creative writing and orchestra for swahili, which means I'm still taking 16 credits, but it's okay, swahili's going to be pretty relaxed and so awesome. and oceane's taking it too!!
- I have prof hurlbut again for my french class, which is on the hundred years war and is going to be so incredibly interesting and amy, kate, susan, martha, and ryan are all in my class, friends and familiar faces.
- I have prof matt ancell again for humanities (I totally did that on purpose) he is just as awesome, clever, and slightly self-deprecating (being such a youngin' among other youngins) and occasionally profound. and he's cute. and he knows who I am. that's always a plus, eh?

I woke up on the first day of school and I couldn't move my head. not any degree to the right or down. and it hasn't gone away. I couldn't look at anybody sitting to the right of me. I accidentally kept sitting on the left side of classrooms and couldn't see anything all period. it's getting gradually better, but it's really painful and annoying.

I am all turmoiled about graduation. I don't know if I should be trying to graduate with honors, if I can do it without dying and still graduate in april with my momma (which I WANT to do) or stretch it out til august so I don't die. are any of these options possible without the death addendum? I sure hope so. I mean, it's possible, just not anywhere near enjoyable. and I kind of want to enjoy my last year at university. is that too much to ask?

1 comment: