7.29.2009

fresco

some days I am light and others I'm weary
the weather is clear but my heart is dreary
weighed down with emptiness, a burden so light
that I accept meekly and don't try to fight
I've painted it onto the walls of my heart
this picture of sorrow that one day will start
to fade and to crumble and flake off the walls
to tumble and float as it gradually falls
a dusting to fill up my heart's concave floor
with remnants of memories that once came before
to muffle the step of new feelings that come
that once I ran to but now sneak away from
a cushion to catch me next time I let slip
those fool words "I love you" escape from my lip.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are so talented and perhaps should think of making a book of all this beautiful poetry! It was so touching. I am so proud of you, you spoke to my heart.

    ReplyDelete