12.25.2008

god bless us, everyone

a mellow christmas, but not a bad haul:

becoming jane from jeffrey (so sad, but SO good)
les contes d'amadou koumba from mom & dad (going to have to look up more vocab than I anticipated, but it's amazing)
a shirt from carolyn
picture frames from john ardovini (going to come in very handy after paris)
cds from claire & jesse
--mates of state
--azure ray
--electronica tango from paris, I forget their name
$50 to h&m from mom & dad (christmas wouldn't be christmas without that)
an anthropologie christmas ornament - a turtle!!- and a gift card from celesta & co.
new iPod earbuds from gregory (mine were torn up so bad, it was ridiculous)
money from grandpa
mix cd and bag from amanda
portrait book and elephant cup from oceane & stephanie

hmmm there wasn't really a large gift from santa this year, just the stocking stuff. but it's all good, I got more of my favorite pens and that's pretty much all I need.

the best gift I gave was mom's iPod, she was so so excited. it made me happy :)

I have had it with gaining weight. I currently weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life (118.5) and I am not happy about it. something must be done. and by something, I mean some serious new year's resolutions.

the other night, I hung out with david, elizabeth, scott and michelle molina. they stalked me and my dad through target and then walmart while we did our last bits of christmas shopping and then swooped by my house and stole me. we did crazy nothings and then we took everyone home. me and david weren't ready to go home so we went to occoquan and parked and walked the adorable little shop-lined streets and talked and just about died in the cold. I did anyway, I was only wearing my pyjamas. then we drove back to my house and sat in the car in the street for another hour talking. mr. forrest came out to sneak presents from car to house a couple times and he kept staring at us. either he thought we were murdering burglars or just making out. neither being the case, it was pretty funny.

totally unrelated:
I have had it with men. a relationship needs to grow mutually from both sides and this never happens to me. either he likes me and I don't, or I like him and he doesn't. pretty much the only guys that ever like me are friends. and yes, I know I've said that relationships should develop from friendships first, but everyone just chill out. please. I'm so tired of all my friendships getting turned upside down and thrown in my face. boys, if I really knew how to punch well, I would punch you all in the face. this is my non-christmas-affiliated rant. back to christmas.

whence comes this rush of wings afar
following straight the noel star?
birds of the wood in wondrous flight
bethlehem seek this holy night
tell us, ye birds, why come ye here
into this stable, poor and drear?
hastening we seek the new-born king,
and all our sweetest music bring
angels and shepherds, birds of the sky,
come where the son of God doth lie
Christ on earth with man doth dwell
join in the shout, noel! noel!

(carol of the birds)

3 comments:

  1. Haha, we'll have to have a few more punching sessions when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part where you go:
    "David and I talked in the car..."
    then immediately
    "I HATE MEN"

    I was like, I hope everyone realizes that she isn't saying that because of me...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was the purpose of the "totally unrelated" disclaimer
    I hope they got it that you're one of the exceptions :)

    ReplyDelete