12.14.2008

adventures


I saved a dog! I totally ran into the street and almost got run over and jumped through the air to push it out of the way of a car. no, not really. it just crossed the crosswalk at the light with all the people and I caught it by the collar so it wouldn't keep going and get run over. it was a big golden lab and it was nice and not fighting to get away, but she was excited and a little hard to contain. so I was holding her collar and trying to look at the tags and put in the phone number and then suddenly someone had taken her by the collar and I see abe's shoes and what do you know, there's abraham to the rescue. I called a couple people and eventually the police/pound came to pick her up, but we waited around for almost an hour. it was really pretty fun! I got hair all over my jacket and the dog tried to eat my new hand-wash only scarf and my hands were all dirty from petting her. it was pretty nasty going home, but it sure made for a good story.


last night we pulled all our mattresses out into the living room and had a sleepover party. me steph and oceane have done it a few times before, but this time annie and susan joined us and we all slept on four mattresses. we started watching a&e pride and prejudice but only made it through the first third before we all fell asleep. we usually do this on saturdays and then leave the mattresses out for homework parties and nap sessions on sunday afternoons.


abraham's being mission nostalgic to the max tonight. we've already looked at all of his pictures and heard the stories of his friends there, but tonight he brought out his cassette tapes of people bearing their testimonies and saying goodbye to him in malagasi. he's finding pictures of the people who were talking so we can look and listen at the same time. it's so powerful to see how moved he is remembering these people that he loved and to know he was truly a good missionary, listening to people thank his parents for letting him come teach them the gospel, that they love him like their own son, that they will see him in christ. and that they like his magic tricks. he says looking at these pictures, he can see places, smell smells, hear people's voices. I can't wait to go on my mission. my favorite part is hearing their laughs.

I really ought to be studying for my french 340 exam, but I'm really enjoying this mission reminiscence. and I want to sketch. and read le petit nicolas. and be done with school.

No comments:

Post a Comment