12.17.2008

finals week - where everything happens except finals

well, I'm in the middle of finals week. and by in-the-middle, I mean procrastinating foolishly, as always. I like how oceane put it. it doesn't matter if we're getting good grades, none of us can claim to be good students. the mattresses are out for a perpetual sleep-over. you can't really call it a sleep-over cause we all sleep in the same apartment anyway, but still. it's fun.

I had a dream the other night that God confirmed to me that I was supposed to get married and not go on a mission and it was so upsetting. I cried and cried. (in my dream. I laughed about it in real life, even though it was still depressing) it was, not a nightmare, but a really sad dream. nightmares must involve dark scary things and/or violence of some kind.

we watched the dark knight last night. I haven't seen it since opening night in the theaters. I think I was all pumped up for it the first time, but this time the darkness and evil were more apparent, enough to bother me. true, the psychology behind the film is darkly incredible and fascinating, but I don't think I necessarily want to keep subjecting myself to it. I can justify this sort of thing for some movies, like hotel rwanda, v for vendetta, the pianist, etc. but this pure-"entertainment" movie, I don't think so.

let's paint a picture: last night, I was on david's (gina's) laptop looking up tetes a claques and music with him while abe, carlos and steph had a nerf gun fight. I was right in the middle of it all and wasn't caught in the cross-fire even once, which I happily declared at the end of the battle. abe said sweetly that he wanted to, but I just looked so vulnerable that he couldn't. at which point, carlos took a gun, aimed for my forehead, and shot me in the eye. thanks.

he'd been on my case all day about every little thing and I was so done. so I went in my room and folded my clean clothes. steph and oceane came to find me and I started venting and yelling. and apparently carlos heard. and apparently he needed to hear me mad, cause it's the only thing I said all day that got through to him. what does it take to make them listen to me? I mean what I said and I said what I meant. christina is serious one hundred percent.

celesta called me this morning to ask if I needed a ride to the airport from her and when that would be. I really ought to be more on top of these things. I always forget to tell her. she also said she was going to bring by a you-can-get-through-exam-week treat for me and my roommates. hooray! how sweet.

I'm waiting on erik's letter, kind of pathetically. he said he sent it last week, wednesday I think, so it should definitely be here by now, but it's not. I got a harry & david package from sis. pittman. it was so cute! the gift message said "I just wanted to say hi. we're looking forward to seeing you at christmas." I kind of forgot that I've pretty much lived at the pittman's house since I was five, so amanda's parents are probably kind of attached to me by now. I should probably think of them more.

me and meesh had an aerobics final study session (which I got a 96 on!!) and we actually got a good picture of us both at the same time. on the first try! it's kind of hard to believe. so here it is.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I made it onto your awesome quote of the day! Great picture of you and meesh!

    ReplyDelete