5.05.2008

L.A.CaliforniA.

school's over!! and I just vacationed in California for a week. it was pretty sweet. the beach is absolutely amazing. I really don't understand why my family doesn't like the beach. I'm going to live in France on the west coast and own a beach house on the southern coast. it's a plan. anyway, the weather was beautiful. the food and shopping and activities were all good. if you're ever in santa barbara, treat yourself to the Venezia pasta at Pascucci's. it was worth the accidental overcharge of thirty bucks. they'd better have straightened that out by now, I gave up checking. grades weren't as good as first semester, but I still have a chance of keeping my scholarship so I'll keep crossing my fingers. why are my worst grades this year in french? that makes absolutely no sense. it's frustrating, but understandable. I still haven't learned good study skills. IB gives students good writing and research and reading skills, but absolutely no study skills. just procrastination skills which I still proudly and regretfully use today. but I am FINALLY home to virginia, my family, friends, and trees. my dog is more boring than I remember her being, but still just as cute when she sleeps and just as skinny. she's like miniature deer spawn. church was sufficiently comfortable and awkward. the first words out of amanda's mouth were "Your boobs are HUGE!!", predictable given amanda's preoccupations and my unexpected growth, probably due to the lack of exercise and change in eating habits of my recent college sojourn. I saw stephan again for the first time in two and a half years. that was ... interesting. he says it's like nothing's changed, which is weird, cause I feel like I've changed 20 billion times over. am I still that immature? we need to hang out so I can determine if it is possible to talk to him face to face like I've talked to him in writing for years. I'm prepared for the worst, but I don't think anything could rival the awkwardness of our phone conversations, so I'm not too worried. I went to the YOPW closing concert yesterday afternoon, their tribute to Mrs. Taylor. I was extremely emotional since it was kind of her funeral for me, but the music was amazing. I've played in groups where I sounded good but listening to the performance was painful to say the least, so I always kind of doubted that we were ever any good. but yesterday, yso was so awesome, I can proudly say that I used to be amazing. it is a very satisfying discovery. now I'm job-searching and it's not going so well. I don't know if I'm going to find anything, but my parents think it's a given. I guess we'll see, but for now, I'm just chillin' at home and doing errands with my mom cause amanda and sue & co. are still in school. but even if they weren't, I'd be doing that stuff anyway. that's just what I do.

I apologize for this scattered post. I'll try to be more focused next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment