5.31.2008

even lamer than it looks


I went to d.c. with david yesterday to find and take pictures of a certain "castle" for his movie and find other possible shooting locations. we were going to d.c. so I wore a cute top and trusty flip flops that were comfortable and had never let me down. it turned out to be quite a different day than I expected. we walked probably four miles in the atrocious heat and humidity of a virginia day. I climbed over stinging nettles and fox scat and traversed steep gravelly inclines with difficulty. I got blisters. I sweated buckets. I tried very hard not to complain. I hope david wasn't too annoyed. but it was a pretty miserable day. the saddest thing is that I debated whether or not to wear my keens that morning and decided NOT to. stupid. then, we were finally back at rosslyn to catch the metro and we found a mcdonald's where I was going to get ice cream! the most wonderful and refreshing thing imaginable. we walked in and I asked for vanilla in a cup. the cashier closed his eyes. my brain was at zero functioning capacity, so I had no idea what that could possibly mean. I repeated myself. he looked at me through his metro chic white frame glasses and told me that some "she" had just broken the ice cream machine. I just about dissolved into the floor. so. note to self. do not wear cute things to d.c. wear functional cute things. and never count on mcdonalds. they will fail you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment